Opportunity that can be based in the UK (East Anglia or London sites) or Northern Germany food manufacturing sites/factories , working for a leading food manufacturer/brand.
- To identify new packaging materials, formats, technologies, suppliers, processes etc. that may be exploited to achieve business strategy and agreed business priorities.
- To link with the supply base and our Supply Chain and co-packers, form alliances with academia, investigate trades press and exhibitions to scout new opportunities and maintain awareness of competitor and other category packaging activity.
- Through an understanding of consumer needs, packaging and materials technologies, equipment and process capabilities, supply chain capabilities, commercials and business strategy identify potential new packaging opportunities.
- To feed new opportunities to the Concept Development Team with as much information as needed.
- To share and retain ideas and knowledge in an accessible, ongoing format with the Packaging Department and business.
- To agree, prioritise and manage the delivery of all your Packaging work.
- To play an active role as a member of the Packaging Department and any Project Teams to share knowledge and to identify and deliver new opportunities.
Knowledge & Skills, Competencies, Qualifications & Experience required :
- Packaging understanding – materials, formats and processes
- Knowledge of emerging globally packaging trends / innovations.
- Good understanding of the packaging market and competition.
- Product development.
- Consumer understanding.
- Factory, Co-Packer and Supply Chain understanding.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Identification of new ideas and technologies to meet business needs.
- Food packaging understanding.
- Project management.
Developing R&D capability
- Can Lead simple trials or support larger factory or pilot plant trials internally, at co-packers or other Institutions to ensure effective scale up of a product design.
- Understand our key technologies and how they relate to delivering our main products.
- Aware of the key suppliers in own work area and see how their capability and expertise can support work.
- Able to check products comply with specifications and technical briefs and can identify non-compliances against them.
- Understand the types of claims used with our products and provide information to support claim validation.
- Aware of the chemistry of food packaging and recipe design, including the main interactions throughout a product’s lifecycle.
Qualifications/Experience required :
- Relevant Science / Technical / Engineering / Packaging degree.
- Driving licence
- Proficient in English & /or German
- 2 years’ minimum experience within food & drink FMCG.
- Experience of leading packaging changes with co-packers and production sites.
- Engineering and equipment understanding and the interaction with packaging.
- Proven experience in front end innovation, technology sourcing and establishing supply chains.
- Proven expertise in packaging in European teams across multiple locations to deliver projects effectively.
Resource Partnership (Search & Selection) Limited
Tel: +44(0) 20 7722 6776
Contact: Angela Stanzione