As a Packaging Technologist you'll get to cover all areas of development; one day you can be working on the latest design of our leading food & drinks products to deliver the best packaging on shelf and then you could be saving thousands of pounds a year by improving the way that our packaging is delivered across all of our production sites in Europe. You will be an integral part of the supply chain team and get to work right across the business with our finance, marketing and logistics teams to name but a few.
You'll be responsible for:
• ensuring all packaging is safe and legal and that we maintain our due diligence defence
• monitoring the quality of our finished products and packaging to ensure that it is always to the standard that we expect
• delivering innovative packaging solutions for NPD projects and ensuring that they meet the needs of the supply chain as well as the consumer.
You will be championing our packaging as we continue to have continous success & growth in Europe This is a real opportunity to be able to see your work on supermarket shelves all across Europe.
Ideal skills, experience, areas of responsibility....
- The right person for this role will have a proven understanding of packaging materials, structural design and print processes. Experience in food contact material approval and legislation would be a great advantage. You will also be capable of taking technical subjects and explaining them in a way that can be understood by non-technical stakeholders. An ability to identify and manage risk, contingency & mitigation for projects and quality is essential.
- You'll be a natural at building strong relationships with the internal teams and externally too, and you’ll be someone who is confident presenting in front of others and representing the company at external events.
- We’re looking for someone who already has an understanding of different packaging materials and how the materials and design can affect the end result. You’re probably already in a packaging or technical role and you’re looking to take the next step in your career. You’re aiming for more responsibility in a company that’s growing rapidly across Europe and you have the capability to demonstrate that you are able to make the difference that we need.
- You probably have a passion for sustainability and recognise that the role is essential in being able to drive the company forward in that area. The packaging team is a small part of a bigger supply chain so you’re ready for a level of responsibility that matches your potential.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities in the UK and across Europe as well as a competitive rewards package. We also have some great perks & reward package
A wide ranging knowledge of packaging materials and their applications
Science/engineering background & qualification
Understanding of FMCG process, timings and priorities
Demonstration of project management skills, risk management and prioritisation
Knowledge of plastic injection and blowing process
IOM3 or packaging society qualifications
Knowledge of packaging legislation and food safety requirements
Experience of food & beverage packaging and supply chain
Demonstration on packaging sustainability
Technical packaging capability
Project management and prioritisation
HACCP, quality and food safety
NPD and innovation
- Creating specifications
- Ensuring supplier compliance to specs and quality
- Arranging audits and visits
- Ensuring up to date data on QMS
- Ensure food safety and material approval for all food contact packaging
- Identify new packaging and processing technology
- New material approval
- Delivery and project management of new packaging
- Recommend new suppliers for supply or contingency
- Highlight and implement improvements to packaging sustainability
- Input into a supplier KPI process
Resource Partnership (Search & Selection) Limited
Tel: +44(0) 20 7722 6776
Contact: Angela Stanzione