Opportunity to join one of the worlds' leading brands. The role is based in Brussels at their prestigious R&D centre of excellence.
•Responsible for implementing technology-based packaging development initiatives or adapting existing packaging formats (under line manager supervision), covering the EMEA business units.
•Provide support to the packaging development team/other developers in their project & activities aimed at evaluating and developing new technologies before testing and deploying them across geographies.
• Manage packaging development activities through to market launch, leveraging internal and external development resources.
• Manage testing of new packaging solutions to ensure compliance with coimpany packaging quality standards.
• Support packaging related workshops with Business Units including department sample management.
• Where applicable, ensure intellectual property rights are established and protected prior to commercialization of new innovations.
• Maintain a level of competence in packaging-related matters relevant to completion of the role.
• Develop and maintain expert knowledge of current and emerging technologies in a specific area of expertise to be defined.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key Corporate and Business Unit functions , technical teams to validate and implement potential new developments and to maintain an expert knowledge of the companies packaging specifications, quality requirements, legislative requirements and environmental policies.
• Develop and maintain relationships with leading edge packaging suppliers.
• Participate in and provide consulting on packaging related matters to project teams and key stakeholders within Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) Business Units and the packaging innovation team.
• Identify and promote best practice sharing within the system.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in packaging technology, industrial product design or related engineering field.
Experience required :
3 - 7 years years relevant industry experience
Competencies & skills:
• Conceptual and general knowledge of packaging technologies, materials and processes:
- Understanding of the functions of packaging and knowledge of the common primary and secondary packaging technologies and systems used within the packaged ready to drink beverage industry;
- Understanding of environmental issues associated with the production and disposal of packaging materials;
- Understanding the relationships between package design, materials properties, environmental influences, and package performance;
- Understanding of packaging cost influences and components of value chain;
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Fluent in English, additional language an advantage
Resource Partnership (Search & Selection) Limited
Tel: +44(0) 20 7722 6776
Contact: Angela Stanzione